Saturday, May 21, 2011

Home from Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival


Such fun!

Lots of shopping & way too much fibre eye-candy...

So as you can imagine, there was sooo much to see...even though this was my second year attending I found myself overwhelmed by the colors, textures & nifty "stuff" all around.....truly my Nirvana....

I recently knit up a Peacock Shawlette from some Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn that was gifted to me in a Ravelry swap...I fell in love with this wool...it is yummy!  So beautiful to knit up & the colorways are to die for...I was thrilled to find this great blue....I'll likely use the skein for one of my Come-Blog-a-long projects....
I picked up a wee bit of spinning fibre....I promised myself that I wouldn't since my stash is so huge, but I just couldn't resist the couple ounces of camel fibre.  I've never spun camel fibre before, so I just have to try it...I may blend it with something....we'll see...Also picked up some nice alpaca/angora blend...perhaps I'll dye this up for one of my Come-Blog-a-long projects...


I found this great flat & long crochet-type hook that will work wonders on my triangle loom
Picked up some bobbins in preparation of my Winter 2011 project
Kaffe Fassett's Leopard Skin Cardi



No comments:

Post a Comment